In the context of a different network project, we are struggling to
fulfill certain logging goals, and I'd like to know if
there are options I am overlooking.

Cisco WLAN Hardware set- 24 WiSMS at 4.2.61.0 code, and WCS
at 4.2.62.0, and on our 802.1x WLAN, we use Cisco ACS 3.3.3 for RADIUS
to query Active
Directory for user validity.

Basically, we'd to track user ID, user Mac address, and user IP address
for each
successful wireless connection for some period, likely measured in
weeks.

So far, I do not see any logging abilities within the LWAPP framework
that would afford
sending this specific data off to a syslog server (or SNMP receiver)- it
seems only
"system events" get logged, but not detailed info on client connections.
Maybe something at the CLI I have yet to find?

ACS is limited- it does not syslog this either, and even if it did, it
would not include
IP address as it is only used in the 802.1x auth process which preceeds
DHCP functions...

Wondering if anyone else has gone down this road- on the surface it
seems like a fairly simple goal, but thus far the light bulb over my
head won't light.

Thanks-

Lee

Lee H. Badman