I'd be interested to hear some comments on the CALEA question as well.

Hector

-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris Gauthier
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:19 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Open Wireless in Higher Ed

Not intending to hijack this thread, but to supplement it, I am curious
about what other organizations are doing for CALEA compliance with
respect to wireless, especially if you're leaving open access to the
Internet.

Thanks,

Chris

Daniel Bennett wrote:
> We are looking at technologies such as Radius, Cisco Clean Access,
etc. to require our wireless client to authenticate to our network.
Currently we have an open, unsecured wireless network.  What are you
Higher Ed institutions implementing to make sure that only valid users
are using your wireless networks?  If your policy is to do nothing then
please indicate that as well.

> Thanks
>
> Daniel R. Bennett
> CompTIA Security+
> Information Technology Security Analyst
> Pennsylvania College of Technology
> One College Ave
> Williamsport, PA 17701
> (P) 570.329.4989

Chris Gauthier, CCNA, Network+, A+
Network Administration Team
Portland Community College
Portland, Oregon

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes
turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to
return."
--Leonardo da Vinci