-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Johnson, Bruce
Sent: Wednesday, 26 March 2008 4:33 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Anyone using 5.0 Cisco WiSM/WLC code?

Steve,

I haven't seen this symptom yet - you should open a TAC case.

I did see something like you describe when I changed the User Idle
Timeout to a larger value (43200, or 12 hours) in an attempt to prevent
premature deauthentication of systems that have not been active.

Once I set it 300 back things were fine again.  TAC informed me of the
bug below.

CSCsl51486 Bug Details

Top of Form

EW : Client not able to join when User idle timeout set to max value

Symptom:
Clients are disassociated immediately if User Idle Timeout is set to
more than 65,535 seconds.
Conditions:
There are no specific conditions.
Workaround:
Avoid setting Idle Timeout to greater than 65,535 seconds.

Bottom of Form

4.2 WLC Idle-Timeout values can cause clients to not associate

Symptom: Depending on which idle-timeout value is configured on the
controller, it can prevent clients from assoicating to the WLAN. In
customer testing, the values that do not work apprear to random.
Although range stil states that 90 - 100000 is valid, Dmitry said 86400
is the actual maximum in 4.2. Need that verifed as well. 86400 does work
as does 32768, but 32769 does not for example. Attached debugs show
client passes L2 authentication and gets IP. WLC does a gratuitous ARP
and then one second later show idle-timeout and disconnects the client.
Client shows it is still connected and retains its IP so it also appears
the AP does not send the de-auth. Conditions: Workaround: Change
idle-timeout value to something that works like 86400 Further Problem