________________________________

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hector J Rios
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 7:52 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] WLAN Override- Again a WiSM question

I found out a couple of things. First, there seems to be a bug that
causes this problem if the WLAN profile name and the WLAN SSID name are
not the same. So just make sure those names are exactly the same.
Second, and most exiting, APs download configuration from controllers
they join. If you have an AP on controller X with SSIDs A and B and WLAN
override on and the AP joins another controller with different SSIDs,
the AP will lose its configuration. So when the AP goes back to
controller X, your WLAN override settings are lost. Pretty fancy. One
way to get around this is to define all your SSIDs in all of your
controllers so that the APs never lose their configs. But we all know
how practical that is.

Hector Rios
Louisiana State University