We are deploying some 802.11n this summer and have converted our WPA SSIDs over
to WPA2, except for one SSID that supports devices like the Wii, iPod Touch,
iPhone, etc.  We also offer a clear SSID for students who can't do WPA2 or
choose not to use that network.

Nathan

Nathan P. Hay
Network Engineer
Computer Services
Cedarville University
www.cedarville.edu ( http://www.cedarville.edu/ )

>>> Hector J Rios <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 6/18/2008 1:05 PM >>>
So, we've been testing 802.11n with a couple of Cisco 1250 radios. In
order to support it on our 802.1X/WPA/TKIP WLAN, we had to add WPA2 to
our layer 2 security parameters. So now we support either WPA or WPA2.
We are finding out that some systems don't like this. Specifically,
Windows Vista and Windows Mobile 5.0. We have tested this with
controllers running 4.2.130 and 4.2.61 and we get the same issue. Since
we don't want to broadcast another SSID, we decided to turn off WPA2 for
right now.

Is anybody else experiencing this? If so, did you opt for broadcasting a
separate SSID with WPA2 only, and still keep your WPA SSID? Or did you
just decide to support WPA2 only? How about those using Aruba, Trapeze,
etc. are you having a similar issue with the combination of WPA/WPA2 in
the same WLAN?

Thanks,

Hector Rios
Louisiana State University