-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Norman Elton
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 4:38 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Support headache of WPA2 Enterprise

We're looking to deploy WPA2 Enterprise with MSCHAPv2 this fall. All
of our students have centralized accounts, so they should know their
name and password. We've created full instructions, with pictures,
which will be made available to anyone connecting to our unencrypted
network.

For Macs and Vista, the process is relatively painless. Some people
will probably figure it out without any help.

Windows XP; however, is another beast. We've boiled things down to
twelve steps, all necessary to configure PEAP, MSCHAPv2, trust levels,
etc.

For people that have done this in the past... how much support
overhead was involved in your deployments? With clear instructions
made available, were the majority of students able to figure the
process out? We'll obviously have plenty of extra support staff on
hand during fall move-in, but are wondering if they'll be facing a
tidal wave or trickle.

Thanks for any advice, stories, etc.

Norman Elton
College of William & Mary