Wondering if anyone has gone down this road... according to
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/4133/BB_Ent_Soln_Security_4.1.
6_STO.pdf

the Blackberry 8900 should be able to do 802.1x with PEAP and MS-CHAPv2-
which does not require a client-side cert. And even though you can tell
the device not to verify server cert, this has nothing to do with the
fact that the Blackberry seemingly demands a cert or won't even let you
go on (certainly not the first handheld to act like this). This is a
client device, so I don't have the luxury of playing with it very much,
and so looking to glom onto anyone else's success if you may have
figured out how to work past this. We have multiple auth servers as
well, which may or may not complicate it.

 I know these EAP types are not "standards" and device manufacturers
have freedom to implement as they see fit.

Thanks-

Lee

Lee H. Badman
Wireless/Network Engineer