From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Scholz, Greg
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 3:24 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] WLAN Deployment-High number of users

We are a Brocade (OEM Meru) wireless shop and use MS IAS for radius. You can
use the "nas-ip-address" attribute which is the IP of the controller and the
"called-station-id" which in Meru/IAS land is the "Mac of the controller:SSID"
(unlike Cisco per the posting below where it is the "AP mac:SSID" - I actually
wish we could get the AP Mac).

So you may be able to get the NASID either by one of these attributes + the
SSID from the "called-station-id" using wildcard matching.

If these are more like "fat APs" where it will always be the AP's  IP or MAC
(not the controller's) reported as the "NAS" then what about if putting all
their management IPs into logical groups so you could wildcard match on a
portion of the APs Mac? Just another thought.

Hope this helps,
Greg