Date:    Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:58:39 -0500
From:    Hector J Rios <hr...@lsu.edu>
Subject: Self-assigned IP on Macs...

Have you guys run into this issue? We run Cisco's lightweight APs on
WiSMs running code 5.2.193. Mac will associate to our APs but just won't
obtain an IP address. In the end it assigns itself a self-assigned IP.
We are seeing this on a lot of new MacBooks and MacBookPros running
10.5.8. If we associate the computer to an autonomous AP it works fine.
If we boot it in safe mode it works fine too. Everything else it just
fails.

I had the same problem after ugrading from 4.2.<something> to 5.2.193.0.

Uncheck "Enable DHCP Proxy" under controller->advanced->DHCP and see if
that fixes it.  It worked for me.

--
Earl Barfield -- Academic & Research Tech / Information Technology
Internet: earl.barfi...@oit.gatech.edu    e...@gatech.edu