From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Sessler
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 10:56 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Self-assigned IP on Macs...

It's likely that you have "require DHCP" enabled on the Cisco controller.
This is akin to Cisco DHCP Snooping with IP Source Verify. Once the Mac
tries to use the same IP address without a DHCP request, it gets excluded.
I'd try disabling the "Require DHCP" on the Cisco controller and see what
happens.

Jeff

>>> Hector J Rios <hr...@lsu.edu> 08/27/09 6:58 PM >>>
Brian,

We are seeing the same thing. Running tcpdump on the Mac computer we see
the last known address and we also see the address that our DHCP server
offers but the client continues to use its last IP.

Hector