This is the first I have heard of this issue, but v5 of the Cisco Wireless
LAN Controller Configuration Guide says that "world mode" = DTPC

-------------------
Enabling Dynamic Transmit Power Control

When you enable Dynamic Transmit Power Control (DTPC), access points add
channel and transmit power information to beacons. (On access points that
run Cisco IOS software, this feature is called world mode.) Client devices
using DTPC receive the information and adjust their settings automatically.
For example, a client device used primarily in Japan could rely on DTPC to
adjust its channel and power settings automatically when it travels to Italy
and joins a network there. DTPC is enabled by default.

Enter this command to disable or enable DTPC:

config {802.11a | 802.11bg} dtpc {enable | disable}

v6 of the guide does not use the word "world mode" and only uses the term
DTPC.  I can verify it is on by default in v6 of WCS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/6.0/configuration/guide/c60ccfg.html#wpmkr1316123

Mark