From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Kristina Gasca Kelly
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 1:14 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] 1140 Cisco APs

We are a Cisco shop and have begun discussing the deployment of 802.11n
APs in our environment. We currently have 22 WiSMs and approx 1100 APs
(1240s and 1230s).

Currently there are two Cisco flavors of APs the 1252 and 1140. We are
shying away for the 1250 series because of the power draw limitation
with our current PoE switches. We don't want to start using injectors
again or buy all new 3560e switches! However the 1140s were designed to
be hung from the ceiling and we only hang wall mounted APs.

Has anyone else installed 1140s on the wall, and if so, did you have to
change your design methodology?

Thanks, Kristina

--
Kristina Gasca Kelly