OK, so I'll ask. Why did you eliminate Cisco already?
Pete M.

-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Ethan Sommer
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 2:21 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Aruba vs HP vs Meraki

We are considering replacing our 200+ AP wireless infrastructure with a
controller based 802.11n system.

I believe we have narrowed it down to Aruba, HP Procurve (we use HP
switch gear), and Meraki.

I have two questions:

1. Are there any hidden costs we should watch out for with any of these
(particularly Aruba.) Will we hit major costs other than the up front
cost for the APs and the controllers?

2. I know a lot of schools are very happily using Aruba, but I haven't
heard of any schools using HP and very few using Meraki.

Are there any schools who have gone with Aruba and regretted it? If so, why?

Are there any schools out there using HP Procurve (formerly Colubrius)
or Merkai? What do you think of them? Did you have any surprises after
you deployed?

Ethan

--
Ethan Sommer