We had the same argument here at our campus. Some people thought that we could just publish the steps to setup the wireless network on out website and save the cost of XpressConnect.

We chose to go with XpressConnect and have been very happy with it. It was money well spent. Our help desk staff are able to get wireless setups done quickly saving a lot of time. Students could even setup the wireless from home or pickup a cd with the XpressConnect installer on it.

Philippe Hanset wrote:
Mike,

Would you use XpressConnect if your campus were EAP-PEAP compliant,
or would you publish instructions and skip the cost of XpressConnect?

In other words, is it so good and makes the life so easy (help desk calls) that even with a EAP-PEAP
system you would spend the money

Philippe
Univ. of TN