You may want to look at CradlePoint mobile routers. I have personally used the
CTR500 with a Verizon USB760 to provide wireless in/around my car for some
time, which has worked excellent. The CradlePoint devices can even be
configured to failover from one cellular connection to another (even on a
different carrier), if coverage issues are a concern for traveling cross
country. If you're concerned about bandwidth, the MBR1200 can be populated with
up to five cellular modems and "load balance" (round-robin, not by bandwidth
utilization) across them.

I would advise you to proceed with caution if attempting to use 3G/"4G"
devices, since switching between 3G and "4G" is usually not seamless and may
happen too frequently when mobile.

--
Doug Hoffman
Network and Systems Administrator