WCS typically doesn't make decisions - all the magic happens in the controllers.

Jeff

>>> Christina Klam <ck...@ias.edu> 9/8/2011 6:35 AM >>>
I realized when the Coverage Hole Report wasn't working but the WLC logs should
holes, that the databases were not syncing.  This can also explain why the AP
Authorization was mismatch-ing between the WCS and WLC.   This is our second
instance of database mismatch since the upgrade of the WLC, by the way.    My
theory is that many of the problems I am seeing are related to the WCS making
decisions with incorrect information.

> I would try setting them to power level 1 and back to auto and see what hap=
> pens. I'd also be curious as to the number of coverage hole events WCS is r=
> eporting (RRM page), or if you event log shows for the reason for power cha=
> nges (either up or down).=20
Thanks.    I will check the WLC logs for the reason.  Many of the APs with
power level of 2 are in buildings with no additional APs post the upgrade.

> The question comes down to this: Are the trouble tickets complaining becaus=
> e of the number of bars, or because there is an actual performance connecti=
> vity problem?
Actual performance connectivity.  Plus, our DHCP logs show most of the clients
are requesting an IP every few minutes even though we give out week-long leases
 I am going through the logs to verify that this behavior began after the
upgrade.

I have a ticket open with TAC in case I caught a bug.

Thank you,
Christina