We've also been asked in a specific auditorium to cut off wireless. Professors have been told that it won't work; we've told them that cutting cell phone communications with a jammer is "illegal". The students are bringing in the 4G MiFi devices or are activating ad-hoc communications with their laptops. They will always find a way around restrictions.

The instructors from last year have given up on the concept and are urging their fellow instructors to "cool it".

Harry Rauch Sr. Network Analyst Eckerd College 4200 - 54th Ave S St. Petersburg, FL 33711