From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] on behalf of Jeff Kell [jeff-k...@utc.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 2:36 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Odd issue with Aruba wireless...

Having a strange issue with our wireless today... wondered if it rings any
bells...
seems to just be affecting Win7...

Clients associate with access points fine, but shows "limited internet
connectivity".

Mouse-over wireless icon and it shows "unidentified network" (same in network
and
sharing center); although list of SSIDs shows the same expected SSID as
Connected.

Client RADIUS works fine (verified controller and radius server), dropped on
production
role.

DHCP transaction is normal, request received and ACKed.

Wireless router shows MAC address in expected vlan, and ARP entry shows
expected IP
address with the MAC.

"ipconfig /all" shows correct IP, mask, gateway, DNS, and DHCP servers.  No
stray IPv6
or tunnel adapters.

"route print" shows all expected correct entries for wireless.  No stray IPv6
(other
than loopback and link-local).  Default points to default gateway IP.

"arp -a" does *NOT* show an entry for the default gateway, and client is unable
"ping" the default gateway.

I'm baffled :)

Jeff

prohibited.