If we are going to do this, implementing static wide area bonjour entries
seems the way to go.

Thanks for the references, but the one thing I can't find is the format
for the SRV and TXT records for an Apple TV. If anyone has those I'd be
grateful for them, I have an Apple TV device in my hands now, so if
someone has a suggestion on how to reverse engineer them, I'd appreciate
it.

Thanks.
-Neil

--