From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Kellogg, Brian D.
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:21 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] You knew it was coming...Airplay/Apple TV support
for instructors.

Had an Apple rep in recently and he stated Apple (Bonjour) has come a long way
since Appletalk on their network protocols.  I wanted to believe him and then I
tried to use it on our campus.  LAN only protocol that relies on mDNS
registration to bridge networks assuming all your end devices support it of
course.  Reminds me of LAN/SOHO only protocols I worked with a decade ago.  Why
not allow the device being mirrored to specify the device you want to mirror to
by IP address or FQDN.  I don't think I'm asking for too much from the man but,
alas, perhaps I am.

Disappointed yet again by Apple network protocols, Brian