I think Aruba’s AirGroup will be interesting too when it is finally released.
It is currently in alpha status, I believe. According to their tech brief
http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/technology/TB_AirGroupWLANServices.pdf
it appears Aruba is initially planning on using AP association for determining
location. Perhaps they can incorporate their AP grouping feature so this would
work better in dense environments.
At Liberty University, we are an all-Cisco shop but we have found Aruba’s
wireless products to be more feature rich and less expensive that Cisco’s
offerings. We have also found Aruba’s technical support to be exceptional,
especially when compared to our Cisco support experiences with their fat APs.
Reading the tech brief, it uses Clear Pass policy manager (previously Avenda
eTIPS), so you could probably do something similar with Cisco ISE or Enterasys
policy manager with some hackery. Obviously a well-engineerd product beats
general hacks any day.

--
James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer