Greetings,

Thanks for all nuggets of knowledge, most are appreciated and easy to delete if not interested so please don't stop. I enjoy the Aruba, Aerohive, Xirrus, brand xyz information/updates. Pays to keep an open mind as the features and enhancements are far from done and competition helps keep the costs down. Reading the posts over the years from Lynchburg VA, TAC wireless support must have really burned someone. ;-)

Thanks all!
jim

On 6/7/2012 11:38 AM, Lee H Badman wrote:
Caution on the Cisco software upgrades- for example: the original WiSMs
can't do latest code, so the 3600s can't run on original WiSMs. I
believe there are other "if this AP, then that code" caveats as well.
Know thine details before engaging.

*From:* The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] on behalf of Mike King [m...@mpking.com]
*Sent:* Thursday, June 07, 2012 11:18 AM
*To:* WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
*Subject:* Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] ncs/wlc/mse new code available

They're welcome to if they want to.

I generally will throw out a notice because Cisco's Notification engine
of software upgrades is a bit "difficult" to use, and figure not
everyone knows that an update came out.

Mike

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 7:40 AM, Osborne, Bruce W <bosbo...@liberty.edu
<mailto:bosbo...@liberty.edu>> wrote:

    I have a question here. I am asking from ignorance, since I am an
    Aruba customer.____

    __ __

    Are Cisco’s releases so rare that they need noting here, or are
    people that anxious to see if bugs have been fixed?____

    __ __

    We do not generally see customers posting notices of ArubaOS or
    Aruba AirWave upgrades here.____

    __ __

    *Bruce Osborne*____

    /Network Engineer/____