On Jun 8, 2012, at 8:35 AM, Dan Brisson wrote:

> I searched back through the archives but haven't stumbled on to anything
> regarding this topic, and now that World IPv6 Launch day is behind us,
> I'm curious if anyone has setup a v6 only SSID in a Cisco WLC
> environment.  It seems like a good way for folks to dip their toe into
> IPv6 and the controllers seem to provide decent support in the latest
> code releases.
>
> I'm also wondering about using NAT-PT for this SSID.
>
> I suppose we could just dual-stack our existing SSID, and maybe that
> makes the most sense, but I'm not sure I want to take that leap yet.
>
> Anyone with some experience in either or both of these areas willing to
> share?
>
> Thanks,
> -dan

  We have been running dual stack on our Cisco wireless since 2008.

  If you still have any XP wireless devices around they can't do DNS lookups
over IPv6.

  Macintoshes running Mac OS X before Lion don't do DHCPv6 so they have no
automatic way to learn the IPv6 address of your DNS servers.

  I would recommend dual-stack on your existing SSID.