Peter,

The easiest way to determine if the device is creating a health problem is
to invest $35 on one of these:
http://www.comforthouse.com/micleakdetwi.html?cmp=pla&kw=micleakdetwi&gclid=COugpoyxgrECFUYCQAodgXD5FA

You can get cheaper devices for under $20 but this is a nice middle of the
road device with a digital readout.

I would walk the campus and test ALL microwave devices to establish a
safety and frequency baseline.

with that said, its doesn't take much to overpower wifi.  The 2.4 band is
notorious for interference issues which is why manufacturers of APs provide
band steering to get the clients to connect at 5.8.

--

Ron Walczak    PMP, RCDD, CWNA/CWSP
Walczak Technology Consultants, Inc

"Not to speak is to speak.  Not to act is to act." -  Dietrich Bonhoeffer *
**
*
"The great aim of education is not knowledge but action." *- Herbert Spencer
*
*
**Anyone can count the seeds in an apple;
but only God can count the apples in a seed*.