But Avahi is a current product, and Cisco has a current document describing
how to use it as a Bonjour gateway.  I was wondering if anyone had done
that yet, and even if not whether it would obviate the need for a single
designated vlan for downstream traffic with vlan select and provide
multicast in both directions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_tech_note09186a0080bb1d7c.shtml#deploy