They're called light stands and are commonly used to support photo and
video lighting and accessories.  They're easy to find once you know what
they're called.  Just fyi, they're not purpose-built for wireless, so
you'll have to figure out a way to attach the AP.  This usually isn't
difficult as most of these stands have a 1/4-20 or 3/8-16 stud on the end
which can be adapted to attach to most AP mounting hardware.  I know I've
seen tripods marketed for wireless site survey at Tessco & Terrawave, but
they were really expensive.

FWIW, as both a wireless professional and an avid photographer, I'm a big
fan of the Giottos LC325
<http://www.amazon.com/Giottos-LC325-4-Section-Air-cushioned-Light/dp/B000
OLUM0I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344548431&sr=8-1&keywords=giottos+lc325>
and use them for my studio strobes and RF site survey.  It's well made,
strong, stable, air-cushioned, fairly tall, collapses to a small size for
its height, and reasonably-priced.  There are stands out there for half
the price, but they won't be as tall or nearly as well made.  If you don't
need the height and need to spend a little less, consider the Interfit COR
750
<http://www.amazon.com/Interfit-COR750-Section-Damped-Stand/dp/B0024NKGIM>
or 751
<http://www.amazon.com/Interfit-COR751-Section-Damped-Stand/dp/B0024NKGJ6>
.  They're not as nice as the Giottos (less stable and poor air
cushioning), but they'll get the job done.

Chuck Enfield

Sr. Communications Engineer

Telecommunications & Networking Services

The Pennsylvania State University

110H, USB2, UP, PA 16802

ph: 814.863.8715

fx: 814.865-3988

PS - I don't own stock in Amazon.  I just know they carry all three
models.