From: Tim Chown <t...@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-ADMIN] Petition to Apple for better Enterprise Support
Date: 12 October 2012 12:37:42 BST
To: wireless-ad...@jiscmail.ac.uk

A heads up on the issue of service discovery for campus networks.

There is a new mdnsext BoF planned for IETF85, which is about extending service
discovery capabilities, to scenarios including campuses.

An initial rather sketchy problem statement has been posted:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lynn-mdnsext-requirements-00

Discussion on the problem statement is encouraged, preferably on the mdnsext
list.  You can join that list here:

As a co-chair at least for the BoF, I can say that the more comments and
discussion we have to gauge community opinion, the better.

Tim

[1]
http://www.change.org/petitions/from-educause-higher-ed-wireless-networking-admin-group

_________________________________

Tomo | Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Networks, Telecoms & Security |
Information Technology.
London Business School | Regent's Park | London NW1 4SA | United Kingdom.
Switchboard +44 (0)20 7000 7000 | Direct line +44 (0)20 7000 7777 | Email
t...@london.edu<mailto:t...@london.edu>

www.london.edu<http://www.london.edu>  London experience. World impact.
Connect with us: [Description: twitter.jpg] <https://twitter.com/LondonBSchool>
 Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/LondonBSchool>  [Description: