We had the exact same issue with our old WiSM1s after upgrading the 6500 they
were in to 12.2(33)SXI. Apparently when the WiSMs first booted they sent DHCP
requests with a blank hostname (although I think these were running something
in the 5.2 train or perhaps earlier). 12.2(33)SXH didn't care and would process
the request but SXI did care and would silently discard the requests. This was
a huge issue for us because the WiSMs weren't getting addresses for their
service ports and couldn't be configured remotely (no console server at that
particular site at the time). Later versions of WiSM code seemed better and
didn't send DHCP requests with a blank hostname.

As for the 3602s: we just installed a bunch of them and didn't have any issues
with them getting DHCP leases. We're running ISC DHCP 3.1.3 and are using 6500s
with the VS-S720-10G supervisor running 12.2(33)SXJ. I'd be happy to compare
DHCP configs offline if it will help.

--
Brandon Case
Network Engineer, ITaP

PGP Fingerprint:
99CB 02D6 983C 1E2A 015F  205C C7AA E985 A11A 1251