From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Chuck Enfield
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:13 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Aruba AP Power Issue?

Hi Folks,

We're experiencing a significant number of problems where our PoE switches
report that Aruba AP-105s are drawing more than 15.4W.  When this happens our
switches shut off the power to the offending AP.  The problem is intermittent,
but seems to occur repeatedly on the same APs, while never occurring on other
APs.  Our diagnostics have eliminated excessive loss in the cabling as the
culprit, which seems to leave two possibilities.  Either there are some Aruba
AP-105s which are using more power than they are supposed to, or our switches
are incorrectly measuring the power consumption of the APs.  If the APs are at
fault, it's unlikely that we would be the only ones with this problem.  Is
anybody else having any issues with Aruba AP-105s drawing more than 15.4W?

Thanks,

Chuck Enfield
Sr. Communications Engineer
Telecommunications & Networking Services
The Pennsylvania State University
110H, USB2, UP, PA 16802
ph: 814.863.8715
fx: 814.865-3988