From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Keith Jeremy Noah
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:42 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Multi vendor interoperability on Campus

In our ongoing deployments switching from Cisco to Juniper, we are using the
new SSID as a way to advertise the new service and differentiate possible
wireless connectivity issues. This has been very useful for campus
communication and instructions to our help desk, but has lead to minor issues
where some non-technical management have difficulty differentiating between the
service and the hardware.  Overall, I agree with option 3.

Keith Noah
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Network Operations Center
Cell:414-810-6789