I plan to follow the guidelines in the UK documents also.

Some Service Providers (SP) are also not sending the Calling-Station-Id
attribute to the Identity Provider (IdP) for privacy reasons. However, the
eduroam agreement signed by eduroam-us requires participants to send this
data so that the IdP can track users' identities to track down policy
violators and to comply with national regulations.

Also Europe is moving forward with deploying RADSEC, so we need to try to
keep up with them.

On the eduroam-admins list, I offered assistance in drafting a standard (I
was basically going to base it on the UK documents), but never did receive
a response from the eduroam-us staff.

I think if acceptance of eduroam is to continue to grow, these standards
need to be developed soon. Here at Iowa, we have adopted it as our primary
802.1X SSID, so keeping eduroam moving forward is important to us.

-Neil

--
Neil Johnson
Network Engineer