P. 403.440.5199
E. ce...@mtroyal.ca

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."  Vincent T. Lombardi

Inactive hide details for Nathan Hay ---10/23/2013 08:18:56 AM---We have an interesting design problem that I thought I would tNathan Hay ---10/23/2013 08:18:56 AM---We have an interesting design problem that I thought I would toss out for ideas.  Using 1042 and 160

From: Nathan Hay <np...@winwholesale.com>
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU,
Date: 10/23/2013 08:18 AM
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Multi-tenant wireless question
Sent by: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>

We have an interesting design problem that I thought I would toss out for
ideas.  Using 1042 and 1602 APs with a single 7510 controller.

We have two of our companies sharing building space (the spaces are
inter-mingled, not separate suites), however they have separate routers and
ISPs and they are not routed between each other back at our core.

I can cover the space with 3 wireless access points, but I need to have
different SSIDs and keep their wireless completely separate, connected back
to each companies respective routers.

My current best option is to deploy 6 APs (3 for each) and use RF profiles
to keep them from turning their power down too low since each pair will be
10 feet apart or so.  This also costs me twice as much.

Another option we are tossing around is connecting a cable between the two
router/switch setups to allow us to map the SSIDs to a VLAN on each router.
This causes future support issues though and if this connecting cable is
every moved (very likely to happen) it could cause issues.  Also, all the
authentication/management traffic would go out one of the routers, so if
that one goes down, the other company loses their wireless as well.

Anyone have any creative ideas?

Nathan Hay
Network Engineer | NOC
WinWholesale Inc.

This email message and any attachments is for use only by the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential, privileged and/or proprietary information.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete and destroy the message and all copies.  All unauthorized direct or indirect use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited.  No right to confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any error in transmission.