Many places have problems with OSCP... they don't let users that join the portal
check for the OCSP validity (forget to allow for this in firewall) of the
portal's certificate. That will make some OSes that
don't automatically switch to CRL fail.
Or worse, certificate providers change the IP address of their OCSP servers,
and portals and firewall were
configured with a static IP address of the OCSP servers... that can make
portals fail as well.
It would be nice to allow to check everything by name, but some firewalls are
still finicky about that!

Philippe Hanset
www.eduroam.us

On Dec 2, 2013, at 1:02 PM, "Osborne, Bruce W (Network Services)"
<bosbo...@liberty.edu>