Weve run WiSMs since 3.x days....  And they've never redirected https.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Mega™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "Curtis K. Larsen" <curtis.k.lar...@utah.edu>
Date:14/02/2014  17:00  (GMT-06:00)
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Https Re-directs With Web-Auth

Hello,

I have a Cisco WiSM2 with a WLAN configured to use MAC-Auth, and RADIUS-NAC
with a Pre-Auth ACL that only allows clients to re-direct to an external
captive portal server.  I am seeing that regular http requests get re-directed
fine, but https requests never get sent from the controller to the external
captive portal server.

I have opened a TAC case and I am waiting for a response but in the meantime I
came across this bug CSCar04580 which indicates that the WLC does not re-direct
for https, but http only.  It says it is resolved on 8.0 code.  This means
anyone with a home page set to an https address may think the page is not
working.

I have not tried this specific test with Cisco ISE, but it seems to me the same
problem would be present as it also uses the RADIUS-NAC and Pre-Auth ACL
methods.  Has anyone else encountered this and found a work-around?  Let me
know.

Thanks,

Curtis Larsen
University of Utah