Hi all,

We’re about to enable IPv6 on our wireless network (Cisco WiSM2, engineering
release which looks mostly like 7.6MR2) and we’d like to know if anyone has
seen any big show stoppers or if there’s anything we should be aware of.  Our
limited testing has looked good so far but as always, we can never pick up on
everything prior to release.  CAPWAP tunnels will still be IPv4; this is simply
for client connectivity.

Specifically, we will have both layer 2 and layer 3 roaming.  DHCP is provided
centrally via ip helper-addresses and we configure an IPv6 dhcp server on the
routers to provide v6 DHCP server addresses for v6 native clients.

We’d love to hear how others are going with v6.

Cheers,
Tristan

Tristan Gulyas
Senior Network Engineer