Thanks Lee for digging up the link for Akamai signup.

The Akamai caching definitely kicked in for us, offloading up to over a Gig's
worth.

If you look at a graph of our Internet traffic versus Akamai server traffic
(don't know if they'll come through the listserv) you can see that our Internet
traffic took a little jump right at 1:00 PM, but then settled down to normal
levels when the Akamai server traffic spiked up, taking over the load. Overall
though, so far today, the traffic levels from IOS8 haven't been too bad. Maybe
we'll see more when the kiddies get out of class.

Pete
`Daily' Graph (5 Minute Average) Internet
[day]

Max

Average

Current