We have had 802.11k enabled since September 2013.

  It was recommended to have a separate SSID for 802.11r and non-802.11r
clients but version 8 will allow both on the same SSID.  We have not upgraded
to 8 yet but will try enabling 802.11r when we do upgrade.

On Dec 1, 2014, at 12:26 PM, Lee H Badman <lhbad...@syr.edu> wrote:

> I believe support for 802.11k is still greatly fragmented in the client
> space, no? And the recommendation at one point was to use a distinct 11k SSID
> for the likes of iPhones. Anyone know the latest on the general state of how
> non 11k clients will work on an 11k-enabled WLAN?
>
> -Lee
>
> Lee Badman
> Wireless/Network Architect
> ITS, Syracuse University
> 315.443.3003

---
Bruce Curtis                         bruce.cur...@ndsu.edu
Certified NetAnalyst II                701-231-8527
North Dakota State University