From: Brian Helman [mailto:bhel...@salemstate.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:22 PM
Subject: USB / Electric charging stations

..just a diversion from the network side of wireless/BYOD, but how do people
(if at all) address the need for charging the devices that your users want to
throw on your wireless networks in public areas?

We've been throwing up new construction at a rate of about 1 new building every
12-18 months.  Architects love to use floor-to ceiling glass on curtain walls
these days, so where do you put outlets?  If you put them on the floor, they
aren't convenient to access.

I've pushed for electricity near/under everywhere that we'll have furniture (or
at least a good portion) that is conducive to studying or lounging for a long
time.  But I'm also trying to take it a step further.  Anyone offering anything
like this?  The unit below is ok (and commercial grade), but aesthetically it's
.. eh.

What are you all doing?

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/work-benches/power-strips/surge-protectors/wsc320-s-commercial-cord-ended-tabletop-unit-125v-15a-6-1116l-4-outlets?infoParam.campaignId=T9F&gclid=CJOMk5fUtMMCFRNp7AodkSIAoQ

-Brian

________________________________
Wilmington University Mission

Wilmington University is committed to excellence in teaching, relevancy of the
curriculum, and individual attention to students. As an institution with
admissions policies that provide access for all, it offers opportunity for
higher education to students of varying ages, interests, and aspirations.

The university provides a range of exemplary career-oriented undergraduate and
graduate degree programs for a growing and diverse student population. It
delivers these programs at locations and times convenient to students and at an
affordable price. A highly qualified full-time faculty works closely with
part-time faculty drawn from the workplace to ensure that the university’s
programs prepare students to begin or continue their career, improve their
competitiveness in the job market, and engage in lifelong learning.