From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Lee H Badman
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 9:53 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] WLC 5508 Reboots- 8.0.110.0 Code

Sigh... just kick me.

Our latest Cisco WLAN fun comes in the form of 5508 spontaneous reboots on
8.0.110.0 code. Has anyone else on the list experienced this?

I do find this Support Community thread:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12411926/wlc-5508-automatically-restarting-twice-week#comment-10362606

And this related bug: https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq74491

Have had one reboot today, and found that another had done so last week quick
enough where monitoring and alerting didn't catch it. Now going through all of
them to see if there might have been others missed.

TAC case open and I see that 8.0.110.0 is no longer available to download, with
8.0.115.0 "recommended".

-Lee Badman

Lee Badman
Wireless/Network Architect