From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Dexter Caldwell
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 8:42 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] WLC 5508 Reboots- 8.0.110.0 Code

I definitely had that issue.  Lee that bug search sounds exactly like what I
was experiencing.  At the bottom of this response is my 12/9/14 response on
this list describing our experience.  I eventually had to downgrade to 7.6.130
to get things stable.  We have 6 controllers and I RMA'd 4 of them about 6 or 7
times because after the frequent reboots, they would occasionally die for good.
 (unable to boot or get output any on a console connection).  Only power
supplies worked when this happened.  I suffered it for several weeks, but it
was simply too risky because at some points I had 2-3 controllers offline at
once in RMA status.  (scary).  The controllers would never log the crash event
to the server so we could never record the reason.  Sounds like they finally
got this addressed, but only 8.0.115.0 is available from February, yet the bug
report suggestions this was posted  March 15th, so it seem unlikely to be fully
fixed in 8.0.115.0 code.  I guess 8.1(10.191) is a special request since it's
not yet available for download- at least not for me.

Dexter