We have a single Student Wireless VLAN for all of campus.

We have 25 pools that are all /23s and one legacy pool that is a /21.

Leases expire after 160 minutes.

Students can seamlessly roam all over campus as long as they stay
within coverage. (We are still working on fleshing out our outdoor
coverage, but there are certain paths you can walk and make it across
the entire campus already, I believe.)

We are doing NAT. 10.4.0.0/16 (where the /23 pools live) is PATted out
using our firewall. The firewall logs lines when it builds
translations (like "translated this port on this IP internally to this
port on this IP externally"). If an abuse report includes the port
number, we grep our logs for the port numbers, find the internal
address, and check who was logged in from that address. If the report
does not include port number, it isn't enough information, so we don't
do anything unless there is some other identifying factor.

--
Hunter Fuller
Network Engineer

Office of Information Technology
The University of Alabama in Huntsville
Systems and Infrastructure

I am part of the UAH Safe Zone LGBTQIA support network:
http://www.uah.edu/student-affairs/safe-zone