It sounds like you’re looking for a PMP (point to multi-point) solution.
Unfortunately I can’t offer any experience with one of those products.

However, we have used both Bridgewave GE60 and Ubiquiti Airfiber AF24 products
to serve nearby buildings up to 1.2km. They provide great throughput, latency,
and reliability, but are not multipoint so each link is a pair of radios.

I cannot tell easily from their website what the correct offering would be but
Dragonwave may offer fast PMP links. Cambium appears to be a vendor that can do
this as well, though the subscriber end speeds look to top out at 125Mbps. I
know Cisco has had some PMP bridging solutions in the past as well but I’m not
sure if they have anything current.

Some other concerns that come to mind are:

Frequency (licensed or unlicensed?, noisy environement?)
Weather (does it snow at your campus, does the vendor offer a heater)
Power (POE or AC?)
Backbone cabling (fiber, copper? Can it be managed inline, OOB, or selectable?)

Good luck and let us know if you find a PMP solution that you like.

Jason Watts | Senior Network Administrator

PRATT INSTITUTE