From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Jason Cook
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 12:36 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Favourite Wifi Dongles

Just putting out a question to see if anyone has preferences when it comes to
USB dongles. We typically like to have a number available and they have helped
out of few times over the years to deal with broken internal cards, 2.4ghz only
cards and temporary setups etc. We've often purchased a couple of varieties,
tested them and stocked up on our favourite. Considering things like
performance, stability, included drivers in OS, supporting multiple OS's.

Our most recent was a few years ago now Edimax AC1200 (EW-7822UAC) but have
also been pretty happy with Linksys.
The edimax performs pretty well and supports Windows, Mac and Linux.

But it's time to get a few more.

--
Jason Cook
Technology Services

browser-based video chat

e-mail:
jason.c...@adelaide.edu.au<mailto:jason.c...@adelaide.edu.au<mailto:jason.c...@adelaide.edu.au%3cmailto:jason.c...@adelaide.edu.au>>

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information which may be confidential and/or copyright.  If you are not the
intended recipient please do not read, save, forward, disclose, or copy the
contents of this email. If this email has been sent to you in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete this email and any copies or links
to this email completely and immediately from your system.  No representation
is made that this email is free of viruses.  Virus scanning is recommended and
is the responsibility of the recipient.