2702s have had a number of issues, both I and E models depending on when they
were manufactured.  There were a couple of months where APs were getting a bad
image.  I haven't seen many I models lately, but E models don't get sold in as
high of volume.

There have been issues with both DHCP and DNS discovery not working, as well as
the AP sending the AUX port MAC address in the discovery.

My experience has been that you can do a few things to help.  Configure both
DNS and DHCP (Opt43) methods of controller discovery.  If that doesn't work,
the ip helper/forward protocol discovery method helps when you can't put the AP
on the WLC management address. Barring either of those, just configuring the AP
via the serial cable generally works, but is less scalable and more labor
intensive.

Hope this helps

Jake

Sent from my iPhone