Wondering if anyone has seen similar with Cisco APs: On switchports that have
been fine for other Cisco APs, a run of new 3702s are going into error disable.
If you turn on the ability to see why in the switch, the APs - only when new
out of box-are sending BPDUs to ports that have Spanning-Tree Portfast on as a
rule.

If you remove portfast, the new 3702s go off to the WLC just fine, get updated
for code, and then work as expected. You can restore spanning-tree portfast,
reboot the APs (that are no longer "out of box") and they behave fine on the
portfast-enabled ports.

I've not seen this behavior with any other Cisco AP, and I don't think it
happened with our earliest 3700s, either.

Does this oddity ring familiar with anyone?

Thanks-

Lee

Lee Badman | Network Architect
Information Technology Services