Nothing like that here Lee, sorry.

<queue The Police "Ghost in the Machine">

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Lee H Badman
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2015 2:24 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Sanity check- spontaneously changing WLC configs- is
it just us?

Not so much looking for a solution here, but wondering if anyone else has
seen similar. Having been on the Cisco thin thrill ride for almost a decade
now, I've always been of the mind that gremlins like to make odd little
config changes over time in the WLCs. Lately I've found:

.         APs renaming themselves

.         Clean Air getting wholesale disabled on a controller

.         APs that way back when were config'd with static IP addresses, but
that have been using DHCP for years, going back to showing static IPs
configs

.         APs taking themselves out of a given AP group to default

The odd thing is lack of pattern. An AP or two from a controller or a
building, but not others from the same general grouping. Basically configs
that have been in place for months or years and several code versions just
changing on a small percentage of APs with no seeming rhyme or reason. Very
few hands are allowed anywhere near the important parts of the soup, and I
know it's not a matter of human error.

Does anyone else experience anything like this?

-Lee

Lee Badman | Network Architect

Information Technology Services
206 Machinery Hall