From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] on behalf of David R. Morton
[dmor...@uw.edu]
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2015 1:31 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] iPhone6s Can't Browse/Re-direct Whilst in Captive
Portal with Webauth

Try turning off Wi-Fi assist. It is at the very bottom of the cellular section
and is on by default.

David Morton
Director, Mobile Communications
Service Owner: mobile, HuskyTV, Wi-Fi
University of Washington, UWIT
dmor...@uw.edu<mailto:dmor...@uw.edu>

On Sep 28, 2015, at 11:36 AM, Curtis K. Larsen
<curtis.k.lar...@utah.edu<mailto:curtis.k.lar...@utah.edu>> wrote:

Hello,

A new iphone (iOS9.0.1 Build 13A405) can't browse any pages in our guest
captive portal. The portal uses webauth and RADIUS-NAC. All other devices seem
to work fine and get re-directed when they browse to any Http site. For some
strange reason only this iPhone6S will not.

Also, any sites permitted thru our Pre-Auth-ACL are not being allowed, yet for
all other devices it seems to work fine.  Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

Curtis Larsen
University of Utah IT/CIS
Sr. Network Engineer