Hi group!

Back when we initially deployed I had discussions with the building guys, esp.
the Elevator team. Back then, our main goal was seamless voice over wifi.
I was told that it was (at least in my province and country, Quebec, Canada)
against Safety Code IV to put any such device in the "elevator pit" or on the
cab itself.
As for the stairwells, apparently it was also against code since they must
provide some fireproof barrier. Back then, mesh wasn't something considered so
we took the best effort approach.
I'd be curious to see, either in the US or Canada, if it is allowed now. My
info on the matter dates back 5+ years...

Looking fordward to the replies, it's a very interesting question!

Manon Lessard
Technicienne en développement de systèmes CCNP
Direction des technologies de l'information
Pavillon Louis-Jacques-Casault
1055, avenue du Séminaire
Bureau 0403
Université Laval, Québec (Québec)
G1V 0A6, Canada

418 656-2131, poste 12853
Télécopieur : 418 656-7305
manon.less...@dti.ulaval.ca<mailto:manon.less...@dti.ulaval.ca>
www.dti.ulaval.ca<http://www.dti.ulaval.ca/>

Avis relatif à la confidentialité | Notice of
Confidentiality<http://www.rec.ulaval.ca/lce/securite/confidentialite.htm>

Description : Description : Description : Description : Description :
Description : Description : Description : Description : Description :
Description : Description : Description : Description : Description : Logo de
l'Université Laval]