Our security installer uses coax to Ethernet converters for elevator IP cams
because there aren't usually Cat cables in the traveler cable bundle. We had
some solid-core installed along the traveler in a new building in 2010 and it
failed within a year due to the constant flexing. Though I'm sure something
must have been engineered by now to fit the bill.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has a spec for a traveler cable with Cat5 or
better built in.

--
Jason Watts

Sent from my iPhone