From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU<mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>>
on behalf of Steve Fletty <fle...@umn.edu<mailto:fle...@umn.edu>>
Date: Friday, December 11, 2015 at 3:03 PM
To: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU<mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>>
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] request for info on WiFi Analyzer Pro software

We use it and it works well.

They also have a less expensive tool, which includes site survey capabilities,
called Aircheck (same name as the stand-alone hand-held unit), for both Windows
or Android. Not as full featured, but may meet basic requirements...I haven't
used that for a survey yet, but it would be a decent tool for techs or students
without extensive WiFi skills.

You might want to check out Ehahau too, especially if you want to do any
planning. The Ekahau survey tool has a planning tool that lets you use CAD
files, if you have them, and assign RF properties to obstacles on import, which
you can't do in the Airmagnet planning tool. They require you to draw
obstacles....which is just too painful.

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 1:37 PM, Sullivan, Don